The Salvation Army is taking applications for Christmas assistance for Cleveland County residents on the following dates: October 8, 9, 22 and 23 from 10am to 3pm; October 11 and 25 from 3pm to 8pm at its Norman offices located at 318 E. Hayes.
The head of household must bring the following items to apply for Christmas assistance:
- Picture ID (driver’s license, state-issued ID, government/military ID, passport or ID from country of origin) AND
- DHS Benefits Statement Letter that includes address, income, social security number or other identification number for all household members and benefit amount OR
- Official Birth Certificates for ALL children in the home, ages 14 & under
- Social Security Cards or equivalent, legal documents bearing social security numbers or equivalent documentation for country of origin for ALL household members
- Proof of Income (pay stubs, award letter, unemployment verification, etc.) Important Note: Eligibility is based on income. To be eligible on the basis of income, applicants’ gross income (i.e. before taxes are withheld) must fall at or below 185% of the U.S. Poverty Income Guidelines.
- Proof of Residence (utility bill or lease agreement). We assist individuals and families residing in Cleveland County including zip codes 73019, 73026, 73051, 73068, 73069, 73070, 73071, 73072, 73153, 73160, 73165, 73170, 73189, and 74857.
Please remember, you may only apply for Christmas assistance from ONE agency. Duplicate applications will be voided.
Please do not bring children with you to apply.
For questions regarding Christmas assistance in Cleveland County, please contact us at 405.364.9910.