Location: 2808 SE 44th, Oklahoma City, OK 73129
Employee Type: Part-Time, 25 Hours per week
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required: Minimum qualification for this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D. and six months experience mentoring and supervising youth or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
CPR and First Aid Certified
Valid State Drivers’ License
Contact Information: Applications will be accepted Monday-Friday 10am-3pm at the following address: The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club, 2808 SE 44th St., Oklahoma City, Ok 73129 or email resume to: Michelle Pritchard, Unit Director Michelle_Pritchard@uss.salvationarmy.org
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Program Aide is responsible for helping The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club in achieving its mission of motivating young people and their families to reach their full potential academically, socially, physically and spiritually. The Program Aide will act as a positive role model providing leadership and guidance to club members.
- Leads a structured Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club approved youth program; promotes and stimulates program participation; assists coworkers as an instructional aid in the programs they lead.
- Provides guidance and academic instruction to members during Homework Help Sessions.
- Plans, organizes, and implements a range of program services and activities for drop in members and visitors; provides periodic activity reports.
- Supervises members in recreational and physical activities; implements safety standards in all program activities and enforces Club rules and regulations.
- Provides consistency in leadership and guidance; acts as a positive role model and behaves in a manner that is appropriate to your position and the corporate values of The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club during all activities on and off Club property.
- Welcomes new members and their families; participates in Club orientation process. Participates in daily Club staff meetings.
- Promotes safety of members, quality in programs, and appearance of the Club at all times.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the Club facilities and grounds. Monitors front desk and assists in the proper check in/out of club members using the established in/out procedure.
- Provides professional and accurate program information to members and parents; provides extraordinary customer service.
- Completes and submits weekly statistics forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- May participate in special programs and/or events during or after normal Club hours including nights and weekends.
- May drive Club bus to transport members and/or staff.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Adheres to The Salvation Army/ Boys and Girls Club policies and procedures.
- Maintains all equipment used for program is in good working order; reports equipment needs to Program Director.
- Special Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to build effective and positive relationships with people of all ages.
- Ability to lead and motivate people participating in Club activities.