Employee Type and Location: Citadel Senior Center, part-time, 20 hours per week, 2808 SE 44th, OKC 73129
Education: Minimum qualification for this position is a high school diploma or G.E.D.
Licenses and Certifications: Food Handlers License
Experience: One year experience working in a kitchen or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Contact Information: Applications will be accepted Monday-Friday 10am-3pm at The Salvation Army 311 SW 5th, Oklahoma City, Ok 73109 or email resume to Lisa Sydnor, Senior Programs Manager, at Lisa_Sydnor@uss.salvationarmy.org
- Assists in the preparation and serving of meals, snacks and beverages to the participant of the Senior Center.
- Prepares and serves food items in accordance with acceptable and economical cooking methods
- Serves meals ensuring appropriate proportions are provided; prepares plates for persons requiring additional assistance.
- Washes, dries, and stores pots, pans, plates, glasses, cups, bowls, and utensils; gathers and prepares items that are to be returned to RSK ensuring that all are properly washed and ready for pick up the following day.
- Cleans tables, chairs, floors, dishes, utensils, kitchen appliances and condiment holders
- Sweeps and mops kitchen and dining room floors.
- Cleans refrigerators, freezers, ice machines, coffee makers, stoves, and ovens.
- Stocks foods, beverages, and supplies in an orderly and safe manner.
- Empties trash cans.
- Performs all kitchen work in accordance with health regulations as it relates to food preparation, food serving and storage.
- Maintains orderly freezer and walk-in storage unit. Clean and defrost as needed.
- Stores, refrigerates, and freezes foods in a safe and economical manner; monitors expiration dates on all foods ensuring proper disposal of food with expired dates.
- Maintains a high degree of cleanliness in the kitchen and dining room; ensures that all meals are prepared in a safe manner; ensures all kitchen personnel and volunteers practice proper personal hygiene; ensures compliance with health regulations.
- Coordinates with the Senior Center Coordinator for needed supplies.
- Assists in monitoring work of volunteers working in the kitchen.
Special Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Knowledge of proper cooking methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of acceptable food storage and cleaning techniques.
- Knowledge of cleaning practices, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to prepare nutritional, tasteful and safe food for large groups in a timely manner.
- Ability to wash dishes and kitchen appliances.
- Ability to properly clean kitchen and dining area.
Mental and Physical Abilities:
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to cook, taste, and smell food.