Location: 318 E. Hayes, Norman, OK 73069
2 open positions:
- Part-time, 28 hrs/wk
- Part-time 21 hrs/wk
Education: Minimum qualification for this position is a High School diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Two years experience working in a social or public service environment with experience assisting the public or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Contact Information: Applications will be accepted Monday-Friday 9am-3pm The Salvation Army Norman Corps, 318 E. Hayes, Norman, OK 73069
Description and Essential Functions:
- Supervises and participates in performing the day-to-day activities necessary for the operation of a shelter facility providing housing and food
- Ensures that paperwork is completed and shelter rules are followed by all clients
- Ensures compliance with The Salvation Army policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and participates in the day-to-day operations of a shelter facility
- Ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Checks residents into the housing facility using HMIS
- Administers breathalyzer test to each resident during check in procedure; documents failed breathalyzer test per shelter rules.
- Follows shelter procedures for storing resident’s personal belongings.
- Orients new residents to the program and prepares case records to facilitate case management; records daily statistics.
- Ensures clients comply with house rules; records incidents and notifies supervisor of any special circumstances or unusual problems
- Ensures security of facility and clients.
- Answers the phone after hours to answer general questions and for intake of shelter-seeking clients.
- Supervises and participates in the cleaning and maintenance of facilities, supplies and equipment; inspects facility on a routine basis to ensure compliance with established standards; ensures that all rooms are in proper order before arrival of residents.
- Washes folds and stores shelter linens on a daily basis.
- Gives input for the purchasing of food for lodge use; prepares breakfast and dinner for shelter residents and walk-in clients.
Maintains an adequate level of food and supplies inventory; prepares inventory records and ensures the accountability and security of inventory items.
- Supervises housekeeping work to ensure facility is properly cleaned and maintained; assigns housekeeping and other tasks to residents; ensures that clients performs assigned duties in the proper manner; ensures compliance with shelter rules.
- Prepares and maintains various logs, records, statistical reports, etc. reflecting program activities and occupancy level.
- Monitors the activities of the residents in the Day Shelter ensuring safety and compliance with shelter rules.
- Receives and processes donations.
- Plans, schedules, and assigns daily chores to be carried out by clients.
- Reviews fire and safety systems daily to verify proper working order of equipment; ensures the safety of clients.
- Performs other related work as required.
Special Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Knowledge of shelter management techniques.
- Ability to prepare and process records and statistics in an accurate and complete manner.
- Ability to supervise resident activities to ensure facility is properly maintained and secured in accordance with established policies and procedures.