Location: 311 SW 5th, Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Employee Type: Part-time, 29 hrs/wk
Education: Minimum qualification for this position is a High School diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Two years experience working in a social or public service environment with experience assisting the public or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Contact Information: Applications will be accepted Monday-Friday 9am-3pm at 311 SW 5th, Oklahoma City, OK 73109 or email your resume to Janet Miller, Residential Services Manager at Janet_Miller@uss.salvationarmy.org
Description and Essential Functions:
- Accepts and processes residents staying in a housing facility overnight
- Monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security and compliance to house rules
- Maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information
- Ensures that the housing facility is maintained in a neat and proper order.
- Ensures that all rooms are in proper order before arrival of residents.
- Checks clients into the housing facility; prepares and monitors client intake cards; prepares resident roster and maintains resident property records.
- Distributes towels, lines and personal hygiene items.
- Monitors the activities of the residents ensuring safety and compliance with house rules; checks the security of all windows and doors; monitors cameras and makes periodic rounds of entire facility; records any unique situations occurring on assigned shift; writes and issues written warnings of rule infractions.
- Responds to emergencies in a calm manner and initiates appropriate corrective actions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Opens and closes the house doors at designated hours of operation; monitors and ensures compliance with laundry and television schedules.
- Completes required paperwork representing client intake for the day; inputs data into the computer in order to maintain computer records and generate client lists; prepares tallies, and balances monies and receipts; drops the money in the safe.
- Sorts client intake cards in numerical order and files remaining intake cards of clients who did not check into the housing facility for the evening.
- Assigns housekeeping and other tasks to residents; ensures that clients perform assigned house duties in the proper manner; ensures compliance with house rules. Answers telephone and responds to questions regarding the housing operations.
- Wakes up clients at designated time and instructs them to collect their sheets; ensures that all residents are out of the housing facility by the designated time.
- As necessary, assists in preparing and serving meals to residents as well as cleaning area afterwards.
- Collects and washes all dirty towels and sheets.
- Cleans, sweeps, and mops the lobby, hall, television room and patios; empties trashcans and replaces trash liners.
- Directs clients to appropriate agencies for their special needs. Performs other related work as required.
- Special Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements: Knowledge of general office procedures and practices. Knowledge of basic record keeping practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients in order to control, lead, motivate behavior.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision while enforcing established policies and procedures.