Applicants interested in scheduling a utility appointment should call (405) 246-1060 from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays or Thursdays to schedule a utility appointment for the following week.
Applicants are required to bring the following documentation to the appointment:
1) Picture ID – (Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Governmental/Military ID, or Passport or ID from Country of Origin) for ALL adult household members
2) Social Security Cards, legal documents bearing Social Security numbers or equivalent documentation from Country of Origin for ALL household members.
3) Proof of Residency – lease agreement/mortgage payment
4) Proof of Household Income – Pay stub, award letter, unemployment verification. If NO income verification please bring DHS Benefits Statement (must include name, birth date, social security number, benefit type and amount)
5) Proof of Expenses (Household, vehicles, medical, etc.)
6) Original utility bill showing usage and nothing removed/torn from said bill (does not include cut off notice because it does not show usage).
7) Emergency Food Shelter Program (EFSP) – If utility bill is not in applicants name they must bring lease/mortgage statement, tax return, marriage certificate or certificate of death.
8) Lend-A-Hand, Share The Warmth and Home Energy Aid Week – If the utility bill is not in the applicants name we can give assistance only once in a lifetime.
9) Applicants must reside in Oklahoma County.
Summer Fan Program
The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Area Command hopes to prevent the heat-related deaths that Oklahoma experienced in past years. Many elderly citizens die during the summer months due to heat-related illnesses.
The Salvation Army provides box fans to:
*senior citizens age 62 and older
* families with infants under 6 months of age
* the disabled with chronic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, asthma, emphysema and people taking psychotropic and other medications.
Clients in need should call 405-246-1060 to see if they qualify for a free fan.
CLIENTS WHO RECEIVED FANS LAST YEAR ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FANS THIS YEAR.