The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Area Command is starting to enroll families in the Christmas Angel Tree program.

Appointments can only be done in person; NO call in appointments will be taken!

To schedule, families must bring required documentation (listed below) when they arrive for the actual appointment in late September and late October.

 The Salvation Army is scheduling family and children for Angel Tree NOW for the week of Sept. 25-29. Clients MUST come to the Social Services office at 501 S. Harvey to make an appointment from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursdays. Limit is 1,200 clients.

After the  first week of appointments are completed that week, The Salvation Army will be able to schedule for the next period, Oct. 23 -17, based on the actual response to the first week.

The October appointments will resume Oct. 1; apply in person.

 For Seniors age 62 and older, the Social Services Offices will accept appointments in person on Fridays begining with Sept. 7. NO call in registrations will be taken. Note Seniors will actually register at this visit and will need to bring all appropriate documents at this time.

Senior applications will continue each Friday for a maximum of 300 applications.

The following is a list of information required when “Registering” for Christmas 2012 at The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Area Command. Seniors bring all at there Registration visit on Fridays, families with children bring all of this information when they come to their appointments in late September and late October.

* Picture ID (Driver’s License, State-issued ID, Governmental/Military ID, Passport or ID from country of origin) for ALL adult household members

* Official Certified State Issued Birth Certificates (not the hospital issued Birth Certificate) or DHS Benefits Statement (must include name, birth date and social security number) for ALL children in the home, ages  0 – 14 years

* Social Security Cards, legal documents bearing Social Security numbers or  equivalent documentation from country of origin
for ALL household members

* Proof of Household Income – Pay stub, award letter, unemployment verification.  If NO income verification is available, you may bring DHS  Benefits Statement (must include name, birth date, social security number,   benefit type and amount)  

* Proof of Residency (current gas, electric, propane or water utility bill or lease/mortgage agreement)

* Proof of Expenses (household, vehicles, medical, any monthly payments, etc.)

Please do not bring children to your appointment!